Constant Reader Privacy Statement.
Monstrum Pty Ltd ACN 160 492 273 trading as Constant Reader (“we” or “us”) in the course of operating its business and selling and supplying books and other merchandise (“products”) may collect personal information provided by persons who visit this website. Personal information is any information that identifies or could reasonably identify an individual. We understand and appreciate that the information visitors to this website provide to us in dealing with us will often be personal information and of a private or personal nature.
We respect your privacy and set out in this policy statement information relating to our collection of personal information in the course of our business and how we deal with that information. This policy statement also explains how you can gain access to your personal information and request a correction of any personal information held by us which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
What is the personal information that we collect and why we do so
Generally, you can visit this website without telling us who you are or providing other personal information, other than as set out in this policy statement. The amount and type of information we collect will depend on how you use this website.
If you register on this website to access information on this website as a registered user or you make online purchases through this website we ask for and record personal information such as your name, home address, email address, telephone number and credit card details. Should products be purchased for someone else we also request their name and delivery address. We may also:
- invite any questions you have on a product that you are seeking; and
- request that you provide comments or suggestions on how we can improve your online experience with us.
We request this information from you primarily so that we can sell and supply products to you. However we also use this information to let you know of the availability of products and or events in which you may be interested (if you have indicated to us you wish to be notified of such matters) and to respond to your questions and comments. If you are a registered user of this website receiving general communications from us but do not wish to continue to receive those general communications, you may unsubscribe by logging on to the website and emailing us through our ‘contact us page’.
The personal information that you provide to us is only disclosed by us:
- to third party service providers who we contract with in order for us to complete a transaction with you (such as electronic payment and funds transfer service providers and product delivery service providers). These third party service providers only use the personal information we disclose to them for the purpose of providing their services to us and they are subject to the requirements of the Privacy Act (Cth) in the use and disclosure of that personal information;
- in circumstances where you have given prior consent to the disclosure; or
- as required or authorised by law.
There is no obligation on you to provide information to us however the consequences of not doing so where we ask you to provide information include an inability to make purchases of products through this website or to become a registered user of this website.
Access to personal information we hold about you
You can request access to the personal information we hold concerning you by contacting email@example.com . If you believe that we are holding personal information regarding you that is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date you may ask that we amend the relevant information held by contacting Shop@constantreader.com.au .
Cookies are small data files downloaded from our website and stored on your hard drive. A cookie allows us to identify the computer you are using and your login details if you are a registered user of the website and login to the website. Cookies are also used to record such matters as customer preferences, website pages visited and session information (including products added to the online shopping cart). This information allows us to provide a better online experience to the return visitors to our website.
The protection of the personal information you provide to us is of the greatest importance to us. For this reason:
- we use industry standard encryption technologies when receiving and transferring your information through our website;
- we endeavour to store your personal information securely so as to avoid misuse or loss of that information and unauthorised access to, disclosure of and amendment to that information; and
- when we no longer require to keep your personal information, we permanently destroy it or de-identify it.