Author(s): Insight Guides
Let us guide you on every step of your travels.
An in-depth book, now with free app and eBook.
From deciding when to go, to choosing what to see when you arrive, Insight Guide Iceland is all you need to plan your trip and experience the best of Iceland, with in-depth insider information on must-see, top attractions like the Blue Lagoon, the Snaefellsness volcano, the capital Reykjav k, the Northern Lights and hidden cultural gems like the remote region of H nafl i and Skagafj rdur.
This book is ideal for travellers seeking immersive cultural experiences, from exploring the lively capital Reykjav k, the volcanic fishing port of Heimaey, the glacial lagoon of J kuls rl n, to discovering the two natural wonders that are the Geysir and Gullfoss and going either whale-watching or puffin-spotting.
- In-depth on history and culture explore the island's vibrant history and culture, and understand its modern-day life, people and politics
- Excellent Editor's Choice uncover the best of Iceland, which highlights the most special places to visit around the island
- Invaluable and practical maps get around with ease thanks to detailed maps that pinpoint the key attractions featured in every chapter
- Informative tips plan your travels easily with an A to Z of useful advice on everything from climate to tipping
- Inspirational colour photography discover the best destinations, sights, and excursions, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Innovative and unique extras a free eBook and an app
- Inventive design makes for an engaging, easy-reading experience
- Covers Reykjav k, the Reykjanes Peninsula, the southwest, Vestmannaeyjar, the southeast, Snaefellsness and the west, the West Fjords, H nafl i and Skagafj rdur, Akureyri and surroundings, Gr msey, Lake Myvatn, the northeast, the East Fjords and the interior
About Insight Guides: Insight Guides is a pioneer of full-colour guide books, with almost 50 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides with user-friendly, modern design. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps, as well as phrase books, picture-packed eBooks and apps to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.